My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Type A personality

"You don't have to have a plan. God already has one. All you have to do is keep your heart open every moment so the plan can be accomplished." ~ Marianne Williamson

Well, that I have known all my life. My problem is that I am a STRONG Type "A" and I'm pretty sure that God is a Type "B" so I get anxious waiting for the plan to unfold. I'm so Type A that I swear I get things done even before I knew I started them!

A few thoughts for today...


One...Do I want to go back? My best friend told me about a position open at a local company as their caterer -- you know, "business caterer" - lunch functions, etc. It's part time and very close and I think interesting. OH! And don't forget creative. L-O-V-E that part. And, who are we kidding, I would rock the house down at this!! But does it feel backwards or does it feel like doing my hobby for a living? I mean I've already "been there, done that". So, that's what I'm sitting with today - backwards or familiar or ?? Well, that and the job post said some nights and weekends, and huh -- those are already reserved for my husband and daughters! Though, I probably shouldn't think that way as I'm sure it wouldn't be many of those, after all, it is a Monday - Friday business. Did I mention how much I love cooking and baking? Did I mention how much I love being creative? I should also probably let you know that this thought is being strongly influenced by my homemade granola baking in the oven...all full of cinnamon, nutmeg, almonds, coconut, honey....how YUM-O is that? If only you could smell this blog!

Two...A friend of mine (her daughter is in our Girl Scout troop) just emailed me to tell me: "...I wish I had trainees with half your passion for helping people…" I love her. And I needed that today...apparently when you don't have any job interviews in a week (again, because I wasn't "filling the pipe" when I thought I had that "other" job) your ego tends to be a bit low.

Three...I did notice how perfectly wonderful my life is (my resolve from yesterday per Marianne Williamson's quote), but I also noticed that I could picture other ways for it to be perfect too! Hmmmm...maybe that's not so much what she meant when she authored that quote.

And D... :o) I'm considering starting a web-based business with my friend, Jeff, that is filling my head with all sorts of beautiful ideas and pictures. This is the first step of Visioning and I think that my visions are beautiful! I also have a really neat spin to my cookie business (but I can't tell you here or everyone will steal my idea!!) that is so original and neat that I have actually been considering doing that as well, or both, or ???

And lastly, this past Sunday, the Milwaukee Journal honored Carole Kratoska as Realtor of the Week. Carole is the lovely lady (and I use this term strongly) that we bought our land from and she is also the reason that I went on board with MLG to start Somerset Homes (another great job I had and the most creative I've had outside of a kitchen). It is through Carole that I met Tim, the CEO of the company and the man I would eventually call my boss. Tim and Carole work together on their Orphans Ministry foundation through Elmbrook Church. I reached out to Carole yesterday to congratulate her on her lovely honor and to extend an offer to help in the Orphan Ministry. And get this...she took me seriously! Do you know what a blessing that is when people actually honor your words? She will be getting back to me to let me know how I can get involved soon. So, maybe I don't have to go to Haiti to go get us some of those beautiful babies! Maybe I can do this and help even more babies!! And (as I said to Carole) what could be better than babies and God? Well, besides ice cream............ :o)

I guess I will just keep my heart open to see what God has planned......

No comments:

Post a Comment