My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The resurrection of the world

"The moment a woman comes home to herself, the moment she knows that she has become a person of influence, an artist of her life, a sculptor of her universe, a person with rights and responsibilities who is respected and recognized, the resurrection of the world begins."

OK, maybe I don't need to be that dramatic - resurrecting the world and all.

I found this quote on my favorite blogger's site. It's been there for a long time, but today I really noticed it. I have renewed energy today -- since I gave up wanting that job working for that man I barely know but already adored. You see, when you free yourself of what is weighing you down, you have a chance to become you again. So today, I'm lighter (insert joke here) and I'm free-er. I am back to being that woman described above.

You see, I AM a woman of influence. People are moved by my words and inspired by my authentic being. The last week or so, I felt like a shrivelled version of my-self due to the angst I felt waiting to hear back about "the job". The truth is that I am a very creative artist of my life and it doesn't serve for me to shrink, to be less than who I am due to the control that I am allowing someone else to have over me (and funny part is, he didn't even know he had or was using this sort of control!!). I did that to me.

So today I resolve to not quit fighting for that great job -- whatever it shows up as. I will continue to build my network of people who can help me find that job, I will apply for jobs (even some that I don't necessarily feel are great as you never know what it could lead to), and I will find new avenues to market myself -- the real self, the real authentic, powerful, inspiring, energetic, motivating, creative, meticulous, organized, outgoing, responsible, get-it-all-done-and-ask-for-more self that I am. Today I will get back to creating the grandest version of my-SELF that God intended for me.

I shall mourn no more (I just wanted to add that for dramatic effect)! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment