My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My dream life

"The life of your dreams is not a different life. It's the life you have now, transformed by your being more positive and more loving." ~ Marianne Williamson

Huh. How 'bout that? Who knew (I mean besides Marianne)? It makes sense, it just never dawned on me that that could be true.

.........It's the life I have now...really? The washing machine is running, I am doing my homework (as soon as I am done blogging), my cats need some good luvin' and their litter boxes cleaned, I need to quick-vac, my nephew has to be picked up in a few hours, my husband is sickly today, and I need to start the daily job search effort. THIS is the life of my dreams? Seriously, what the heck is she smokin'?

But it's interesting none the less. To simply contemplate the simplicity and meaning of that statement. So, I think I shall leave my blog at that for today so I can notice how this quote shapes my day and I try to BE in the quiet of my "dream life" until tomorrow. I assume I shall notice more of the positive and lovingness that is my life all around me.

And may I ask, or rather, give you something to think about today...How's your dream-life going?

No comments:

Post a Comment