My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Why Do I Do Laundry?

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."



Happy Random Ramblings Friday! I took the girls to school this morning and came home to find BigEarra happily snuggling on my freshly dried laundry. So special. Especially since now I will have to rewash the whole load of John and Annie's clothes since they are both allergic to cats. Good times! But you gotta admit, it is stinkin' cute as heck!! :o) He is so darn loveable, how can I possibly be upset. All he wants is love and worship! Good thing laundry is my favorite (yes I have one) chore. Or else he'd be in big trouble I tell you!! I'm not really sellin' that one to you, am I? Well, it IS my favorite chore...........

Heard from one of my past customers today. When I was at Horizon, we built their stores (Christopher & Banks). By far my favorite customers!! They ran an organized, uncomplicated store with fantastic people working for them and did this rare thing called "getting out of our way so we can build it". Such great people! Such smart business folks!

Well, Chris was just checking in on me to see if I have ended up anywhere yet. I should really tell him to read my blog! :o) But he did give my ego a HUGE boost today (and after 4 + months of NOT having anyone interested in hiring (or interviewing) me, I needed that!). He said "Well you hang in there and try to maintain a positive attitude. I just can’t see someone with your skill-set and enormous personality held down for much longer. And as a FYI – I know how great you are." Well thank God! 'Cuz really, I was starting to wonder if I made up my entire work history story!! And I'm pretty sure he wasn't calling me fat....... I mean my PERSONALITY really IS enormous! ;o) Hee Hee

That's it for today's observations. I'm off to bake some beautiful Queen Shortbread Crowns. I can't wait to see how pretty they turn out. Pray for a wonderful experience for us tomorrow as I introduce my cookies from their new home at Three Sisters' Spirit at the big Art Crawl in downtown Waukesha! How fun is this gonna be!?

Have a Sunshine-y Day today!!

2 comments:

  1. Prayers are always in order. Something tells me the cookie crowns will turn out great. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm... Now I'm excited about today! Cookies!
    On another note, I'm really glad that you were *sent* someone who could and would give you a booster shot of confidence :)
    All over the place, people are seeing (and have seen) how awesome you are! I'm glad that they're telling you, too! It helps to hear it, hey? It shuts up that nasty voice that says we're not :)

    ReplyDelete