My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, April 26, 2010

So Much to Do!!

"I am still convinced that a good, simple, homemade cookie is preferable to all the store-bought cookies one can find." ~ James Beard

Sing it from the mountain tops, James!

I have been working pretty hard (pretty fun is a more authentic word) to get ready for the release to the public of Cookie Concoctions. Shopping, dough making, pricing, recipe fine tuning, websites, "uniforms", business cards, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Geepers! Who knew making cookies required all of this?! Well, I did actually. I just had to go back into the recesses of my Professional Baker mind, do a few technology updates, and get to it.

I'm excited for Saturday! Saturday is the big Waukesha Art Crawl in downtown that Dani/Three Sisters' Spirit asked me to be a part of. I have no idea what to expect, so I just have to do my best to produce what could be sold that day. Again - no idea. I think we should think of it as an adventure into the unknown, only no dangerous fall, scary creatures, or stark ending. Now that's an adventure I can handle!

I also want to have my website up and "good enough" to present a lovely first impression along with all the basic business stuff. I get that it will evolve and become better, but for now, it's a bit of struggle for me as I am used to having the idea and telling the team of my vision and THEY execute it. Good lesson, I guess! Wow, an adventure and a life lesson! And I thought I was just selling cookies!

I wish you all could be there on Saturday. I'm making my (soon to be) famous Cake Batter Cookies and some beautiful crown shaped shortbread cookies (in honor of the Queen and all of her royal customers). I think they are going to be so beautiful! I hope you will come out if you are in the area (and of course I EXPECT all 354 of my closest relatives who (all) live in Waukesha to be there)!

This could be the start of something big...and at the very least, it's the start of me doing things that excite me, scare me, and challenge me again. And sometimes, that's all you can ask for...unless you have a friend that bakes really good, simple, homemade cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, when you get an idea you start moving. Good for you! It's very exciting. I love the website. You've done a lot of work. Soon all you'll have to do is bake! Mmmmm. I can smell the melted chocolate!
    Please be sure to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete