My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mighty Oak Tree

"An acorn doesn't wonder if can be a mighty oak tree when it grows up!"

Huh. Kinda wish I was an acorn sometimes. It's not that I doubt MY worthiness or greatness, I doubt every one's (and by everyone, I mean people that don't know me) ability to believe in my Oak-ness. I'm not going to whine (again!) about (still) not being on any interviews for any of the great jobs I've applied for or rejection emails - even though they didn't even SEE if I was a consideration. No, I'm (clearly) not going to do that. :o) But it is amazing to me that I am dying to lift my branches, blossom, and grow and have yet to find the park to grow in. Amazing.

There was a ray of sun from that lady I spoke to you earlier about -- the one that dropped me like a bad first date. She did send me a brief note saying we could try to get together after the 15th. So, I hope she is her word because a part of me thinks she would be a very good resource, guide, and tool for me...and today is the 15th.

I'm working on a neat project for my final piece in my Women's Studies course at UW. It's a consciousness raising project that must incorporate blogs, websites, surveys, etc. in addition to the final paper that is due. I'm actually looking forward to it. It sounds creative and fun and interesting. I hope "you" will all help me by participating. I have decided (by democratic vote in my family) :o) to choose the topic of "The Price of Motherhood". It has really struck me, in this course, how messed up this country is as it comes to women. We raise our daughters to be smart and strong, go to college, get a great job, have kids and then what? Quit? Why? Why don't men have to quit? Why don't BOTH sexes have to give a little something up to raise great kids? Why isn't there a balance? I don't want my daughters to have to make that choice. They BOTH want to be something when they grow up IN ADDITION to being mothers, not instead of.

So that's my project. As soon as I get my site up, I'll add it to my sidebar here. I do hope you will chime in from time to time.

Off to start the day! Go get your vitamin D today! It's beautiful here in Mukwonago! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment