My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, May 24, 2010

The House Overflows

"If thou hast two loaves of bread, then sell one and buy flowers...the bread will nourish your body...the flowers will nourish your soul."

I think I shall have to write my post today in Lilac. I could write in Peony, but I don't think there is just one crayon for that! My entire house is fragrant with the smell of lilacs right now. It has even covered the smell of the roast in the slow cooker. Ahhhhh...if only they had smell-a-blog! One bouquet, freshly cut, has simply overwhelmed this house in a most delightful way. More so than anything I could have baked or bought at Bath and Body Works.

The work that my husband and I have done over the past 5 years in this giant 2 acre yard that was once a corn field is starting to really manifest beautifully. Things are growing so wonderfully and filling in all the blank spaces. This is my favorite canvas...well second favorite really -- first is the inside of my house, then the outside.

I am delighted in how the lovely choices of greens, purples, whites and pinks that we have planted against the back-drop of our Olive Green house have turned full and deep and prettier than I could have imagined. I think I shall go sit by the pool for the remaining hour of this afternoon and simply smell and read. Read and smell. I may look up from time to time too just to see where all the pretty smells are coming from. I simply think that God is the most wonderful artist and my soul is renewed again for another season!

1 comment: