My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New and Improved

"To me, error analysis is the sweet spot for improvement." ~ Donald Norman

I have no idea who this Donald person is, but I have spent the last two days (someone puh-lease rub my butt) authoring (one of my new "action verbs") the new and (please God) improved resume (tell me you hear a drumroll too). Analyzing the error of my ways and trying whole-heartedly to improve it. It is truly one of the hardest things anyone can do assuming you are over the age of 30. And it has taken me literally hours and hours AND HOURS of work. Yesterday I almost didn't eat because I was so entrenched in the work and rebirth. Oh don't worry, I've got enough storage built up to sustain me.

Now one may think this resume revamping not that hard to do; especially since I already had two others in place. HA! "One" would be very, very wrong. I poured over critiques, suggestions, criticisms, tips, etc. and then had to boil the last 27 years of my working life down to 2 or 3 pages (the accepted amount for someone with my credentials - just ask me, I've read it all). Thankfully, an acquaintance of mine (that works for Right Management) gave me a great head start from which to leap. Seriously, if not for Holly, I would still be working on it. I owe her some serious cookies! And for the record, her's not mine, she did tell me to do this exact thing last fall. Apparently she didn't hit me over the head like Ms. Malinda WillcoxSmithJones from Let Me ReDo Your Resume.com did.

So, it's 2:00 pm and I am going to post my resume in a few places with full execution to follow. Wish me luck, pray for me, send me your good energy, or look at my resume and let me know if I did "it right". I'll take anything you got! :o) After all, "error analysis is the sweet spot for improvement"...but maybe you should wait to tell me until tomorrow. I may be a little delicate right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment