My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Friday, March 19, 2010

In a funk

"My train of thought has derailed."

I'm in a funk the latter part of this week. Not sure why since I should feel on top of the mountain now that I have completed my resume rewriting project and the fact that we have had the most glorious three early spring days of weather here. I should feel victorious, free, empowered, glowing. I don't.

Oh well, it happens. (Can't wait to be out of it though.)

I'm pretty sure a large part has to do with the fact that, as I've talked about before, I am "done" being home and ready to move on. I force myself to have the ambition to get stuff done around here now (and good thing I do because that basement storage area was a disaster!).

Oh well, it happens.

I have applied for a couple of neat jobs this week so I am praying that "with God, all things are possible". Which I know to be true, I just want it to turn out the way I want it to...which I get is not necessarily what will happen. And I reached out to a very busy woman who runs a piece of the MyPath network for Manpower (on LinkedIn). She is extremely busy with work obligations, but has accepted my request to see if there was something she could do to help me with the Great Job Search. I'm very happy (and honored) about this ~ not only that she accepted my request, but I think she really can help me.

That's it for today. A little uninspiring, I know.

Oh well, it happens. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment