My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Resume Sucks

"Everything that happens to a child of God is Father-filtered and He intends to use it for GOOD!" ~ The Purpose Driven Life

I had my resume evaluated by a professional service that "does" resume writing. And you know what she said? My resume sucks. OK, so she was kinder than that, but that's what a ONE PAGE, SINGLE SPACED, 8 (yes 8) FONT evaluation says...I mean when you summarize it. :o)

Well, just great. Now I know those of you who love me want to rescue me by telling me (or already have told me) that this is a service that wants to get money from you to redo your resume -- it's their job to tell you it sucks so they can sell their services. But let's look at the facts people. I am SO good at "work" (sorry for the lack of humbleness there) and have a great job record, and have not been on an interview (outside of the one I thought I had) since December and that was a phone interview. So how could this not be true. I'm going with "it is".

My favorite blogger, Dani, wrote this in her blog yesterday: "the New Moon is about purification; bringing up what needs to be cleared, cleansed, healed and transcended...." Fine. Quit yelling at me. I'll do it already. Of course, I think her post was more spiritual and meaningful than "hey chick, quit dawdling and redo your resume".

Then I was writing some stuff on the calendar for April and low and behold there was another God whisper (the quote above). People who really know my heart, know that I believe strongly in listening for God's whispers which usually and freakishly happen to me in the shower (but that's another blog). So here are three. Fine. But maybe God could smell some of the cookies that I bake and send me some good vibes about owning my own cookie bakery instead of "yelling" at me all the time. Geez!

So that's it for today's blog as I apparently have a full day of typing and introspection and thinking outside the box ahead of me. Yuck. If you need me today...I'll be right here, typing away so that God's intention for good for me will have my full support.

No comments:

Post a Comment