My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vision

Today I am thankful for vision. Not phyical vision, but the other kind. Ever since I (we) decided to open this bakery, I have been making very sound decisions. I spent very little money to start our bakery and yet it looks like a million bucks. I don't cater to everyone's whims or desires for me spend on this, buy that, advertise this way. My $30 flag has drummed up a heck of a lot of business for me. Yes, $30.

And now I am started to "see" what could have been sold/made. I am starting to come out from under the overwhelming start we have had and see what more could be done and how. Megan is now working 2 mornings each week and it is already paying off. She stocked my cookie shelves today and cookies sold! For the first time since Christmas, they sold. Because in order to make this bakery thing work, you have to see what people want before they even know they do.

That's vision. And I am starting to get focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment