My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Dozen Young Women, on a Mission...

Today I am grateful for Girl Scouts!

We had our Girl Scout meeting this afternoon. We are wrapping up years of work on their Silver Award culminating with helping a family that has a tough life story. My girls are all so excited, motivated, and energized to help this family, to make a difference and to write this story in their books of life. I couldn't be more touched by this room filled with hearts filled with and coming only from love.

I remember the exact moment, the time of day, the weather, where I was...when I asked Kelly to be a Girl Scout Leader with me for our daughter. I remember because I spoke only from love and knew that someday I would forever be changed for having done so. I remember because my heart wanted to mother more young, beautiful, giving girls as they became pillars in our society. I remember because I wanted to stand tall amongst them and watch them grow.

Mostly I just love basking in their love.

1 comment:

  1. Dang, I wish I'd remembered you were a Girl Scout. There I was walking around Savannah, the least I could have done was take a picture of Juliette Low's house. Next time that will be first on my list for sure. I am already looking forward to a next time.

    ReplyDelete