My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Looking for Inspiration...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working." ~ Pablo Picasso

Some days, no matter how you try, you just can not make the black letters type out anything that moves or stirs your soul. I can't help but wonder why that is. Seems there's a lot to talk about in my life lately, but nothing is moving me or the end of my fingers across the keyboard. Is this then stalling actually? Hmmm....

Life is moving very quickly now (as those of you who read my bakery blog know). Construction is in full swing and I am hoping to be open before my next rent check is due. Cuz that would just be nice, right?! Seems like I can not do things fast enough right now, which, for those of you who know me well, know that it would be darn near impossible to get MORE things done in a day than I do. Yet, it's still not enough right now. Far cry from 6 months ago.

I'm excited to start writing for City Gal magazine. I have been mulling over the plan for that with execution to follow shortly. I'm nervous to take my next class but refuse to take a semester off -- just 9 more classes until I have my Associates!! WhooHooo!! But the excitement is tempered by the nervous energy of anxiety. How much can one pack into a day before breaking? Huh...I'm pretty tough...I gotta think a bit more!!

My heart has been touched by so many people lately. Maybe that is what I should write about today? My bestest friend, Jeanne (Cupcake) spent 1/2 of her Saturday helping us paint -- something that she simply doesn't have enough of (time) with all the transitions going on at her work. But she gave me that time anyway and I loved it and her help! My Dad worked the entire day yesterday cutting the pieces for his crew to install so that I would only have to pay the guys for their labor hours building -- Not to mention the trips we have used in his big ol' truck w/ his trailer to haul the materials in and out. My (step) Mom helped John and I for a couple hours on Sunday getting ready for the contractors to start first thing on Monday and NOW my sister Tam's family (all 5 of them!!) are coming to help me w/ their truck and my dad's trailer to haul out all the debris from the shop. How could I/we ever do all of this without them helping? Truthfully we could, but it would be sooo much more work and I wouldn't have a piece of all of their hearts with me in my shop! OH! And don't even get me started on all of the kind things people have SAID and or prayed for for our success and joy!

Wait...DO get me started! That sounds like my next post!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment