My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And it Came Crashing Down

"God always teaches us patience when we don't have time for the lesson."

OK, so we've established, often, my lack of patience. But yesterday, God really tested me. I had my first computer virus/crash EVER in my over 15 years of owning a computer. Yesterday sucked and the rebuilding of today (and I'm sure days to come) isn't much better. Still can't believe it happened. I'm so good about knowing that stuff, but this one got me...damn it.

Yeh, like I have time for this!

Well, thank God my last class just ended. And thank God Building Inspectors and Dads still communicate by phone. And thank God in all actuality, I DID have the time yesterday to take care of this issue. I didn't WANT to, but I did, and that is the distinction. So, technically, I guess I should be happy about the whole thing.

Yeh...happy.

My Papa had another mini-stroke last week. It's hard to imagine my Papa not being invincible. He will be 85 in a month and he and my Nana still live in the house that he built in 1953 and they raised 7 children in. It's my favorite house in the whole wide world. Ever. Well, I clean their house for them once a month. I can't even tell you how much I love seeing them when I do this! Well, maybe I can...I am the oldest of about 40 grandchildren and great grandchildren and just think -- I get them all to myself for this hour-ish. Yes, I said 40. That is no exaggeration. So to have them all to myself for any amount of time is so special to me. And they appreciate very much how pretty I make their house again!

OK, I need to wrap this up. I'm typing this while I am blanching my veggies for broccoli-cauliflower salad for dinner tonight and the girls and their daddy have just jumped in the pool. Which means the Bloody Buddy Basketball game has started and so I need to hurry and get in the pool in case someone needs to call 9-1-1. And usually we do....... :o) Seriously, I gotta get this on film. It cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment