My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Do What Makes You Feel Alive

"Don't ask what the world needs (from you)...ask what makes you feel alive (and do that)."

I heard this on my (Christian) radio station today and it has resounded in me all day. I've never heard it said that way before. Don't ask what the world needs - ask what makes you feel ALIVE! I SOOO love this. Just saying it awakens little sparkles in me.

My husband asked me if I was going to keep my blog going, you know, now that I've found a job. Which is what started this whole thing for me. I wanted a way to express my greatness and the greatness that I saw in others and I wanted a way for people who didn't "know" me to get to know me in an intimate way.

I AM going to continue to blog as it makes me feel alive, connected, authentic, and in communion (of sorts). I AM going to continue to blog because I STILL am a stand for greatness (mine and others). I AM going to continue to blog because there are more stories to tell about how great people are and how all these great people people are connected to their next level of greatness.

My stand is still the same ~ I am still on the path to creating the grandest version of myself that God has intended for me. I am still determined to fill my life with joy, love, and creativity. And I am still loving all that I have discovered along the way.

There is clearly a morphing that is transpiring for me this past few months as I discover this next "me" that I am becoming. Not just as a business owner, or a baker, but also as I begin my seventh body ~ you know, the shedding of yourself (literally and figuratively) every seven years. This body seems to be more connected to my brain and my brain seems to be struggling for every single scrap of authenticity it can capture. I like that this body is less afraid than the others and I like that this body doesn't give as much of a crap about everybody else's stories. I really like that this body/brain knows they are just "their stories" and I don't have to make them mine.

And I like blogging. It gives me a way to touch another's heart and sometimes I don't even know who's heart I'm touching by just speaking my story. It's just one of the many things in life that makes me feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment