My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hot Showers

Today I am grateful for showers.

My days are so structured doing this and that and then this again, that to actually STOP and meditate or simply pause in my day to breathe deeply isn't gonna happen, and quite frankly, I'm a little too high strung for it not to happen. So what I have been doing for the past year now is to use the calming, hot-ness of my showers to be the time that I pause and reflect and listen to my breath. In. Out.

While water dances all over my body and both warms and calms me. Yup, I do love a hot shower.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you have a desire to be sweet smelling and clean - otherwise you might not get any time to rest your (weary) wings! :-)

    ReplyDelete