My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Postcards

Today I am thankful for my daughters who usually make me laugh until I cry! I should tell you that, and I am saying this truthfully, we have the smartest dumb kids ever! If there was a grade better than an A, that is how smart they are -- really -- straight A, off the chart students. Now, having said that...my youngest ran to the mailbox to get our mail today. She sent us a postcard from her other house. AND, it was the postcard that she forgot to send when she was on her vacation on the East coast w/ her other family. SO, she was so excited to have found it and then she walked it to the mailbox herself and put up the flag.

"Ma, it didn't come yet!"

"Honey, did YOU PUT it IN the mailbox, yourself?"

"Yes, Ma, and I put the flag up and everything."

In a quick and smart ass fashion I say, "Honey, did you put a stamp on it?" (after all, you do have a whole section on mail in Kindergarten!)

"WHAT? It needs a stamp!"

I know, right?! :o) BTW, she was dead pan serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment