My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, November 1, 2010

I Know Awesome

"I know awesome" ~ My husband

I'm typing this literally as he is saying. "I know awesome." He cracks me up. And he has no idea that he just inspired this blog sitting next to me. That cracks me up too.

But really, he's wrong. Cuz I think I KNOW AWESOME! Afterall, there was no way I was marrying again. And then I found him. HE is Awesome. I know you already know that I think the world of him, but I don't think you know what he has done in the last two months (plus) to make my little "endeavor" successful.

My husband selflessly gives up every spare minute he has to helping me in the bakery. He measures ingredients for recipes for me so I can do more. He cleans the floors and does dishes so I can concentrate on baking more. Not to mention all the extra chores around the house he has picked up (like mopping our floors!). He manages all the bakery deposits for me. And he joyfully shows up to my/our customers in a sassy, loving manner as if to say "thanks for coming to our bakery and showing my wife how great she can be"!

All this while still being the world's best daddy, and working his own job, and being all the other things he is and does. What I do know is this, I couldn't do this without him and I don't think he knows that.

Well, "Buddy", I couldn't and I wouldn't want to do this without you. You are, as always, my Man o' Steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment