My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Progress

"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Trying to do anything that requires one to have a permit or a license is much akin to watching maple drip from a tree in January. It makes you want to say - Get Out of My Way, PUHLEASE. Sometimes I don't even want to use manners when saying it!

Because I was in construction for so many years, I at least know what I can and can't do, so I am not sitting idol waiting for all the blessings of others to be bequeathed upon me. With so much to do to open a fabulous, indulgent little bakery, one can not say that there is nuthin' to do while waiting!

I thought I would post some pictures that I took yesterday of the fun color we picked out. It's bold, playful, bright, retro, and very Aqua-Mint-Teal-y. Very appropriate, I think! :o) The girls helped John and I this weekend to remove wallpaper (a LOT of wallpaper) and to start painting in the areas where construction will be minimal. My favorite part of the weekend? When Gracie (Annie) told me to go work on something else "cuz she's got this"! Music to my ears!

Lisa wants to stencil a fun starburst throughout the walls that matches the retro font we will be using. I think that will look so fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment