My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, July 19, 2010

About a Year or So

"Perseve(RED): It takes a glacier about a year to move as far as you can walk in a few minutes. Eventually it carves out canyons and slaps up mountains. It permanently changes the world. So can you." ~ Be Inspir(RED) book

It's been one year since that fateful day that I quit my perfectly good job. Not sure how that can be since I would be willing to swear that it was just last month. In this past year, I have learned many new lessons in life, the least of which being patience -- the most of which being humility and creativeness. It's been a most productive year too. I was able to get so many things done that I only wished I had the time to do (no, I did not put a single picture in a photo album...I'm guessing it's just not my thing). Time was definitely on my side and my friend.

And then...not so much. Time became the enemy. Time became all it felt like I had. And that was frustrating. It was hard to "Shine" some days. But in that "time", I was learning lessons and creating new possibilities, and expanding my energy, and growing, and I persevered. And what I have discovered on my quest is exactly what today's quote is -- that like the glacier, it took a year to carve out this new path, and like the glacier, my life has been permanently changed.

I did that. I permanently changed my world. Now who could sit around feeling sorry for themselves when, if you think about it, you are doing something as significant as that? Granted I didn't know it at the time, but it was all part of the REDiscovery of myself. Fascinating.

I've made some good progress this week getting the bakery going and that's good. It will never be fast or enough for me, but appeasing all the departments, and officials, and rules, and regulations isn't a fast process -- no matter who wants to do something. So, I just keep pluggin' away at it crossing each thing off the list as I accomplish it.

And then something unexpected and exciting happened out of the blue today. I was on the computer, making arrangements with the folks who are taking the carpet out of the bakery, and I got an email from one of the other people also interested in it. Rewind one week ago, and one of the interested parties just happens to the owner of a publishing company and owns CityGal Magazine (online mag). We had chatted via email and I politely told her and the other people who were interested that I already had the takers, but should something fall through...well you get it. She sent me an email thanking me anyway and telling me that she checked out my blog and really enjoyed.

Fast Forward one week to today and this kind lady, Melanie, sent me an email today asking me (you should really be sitting for this) if I would be interested in having my own blog for CityGal!! OK, first of all, WHAT?! Secondly, is this a joke? And thirdly, REALLY?!?! And fourthly (that is SO not a word and I don't care)...HELL YAH!!! Sorry...heck yes!!!

It is not a joke and I am SO excited and honored and touched and excited and excited! :o) I researched the publication and love what it is a stand for! It's a publication devoted to "educating, uniting and empowering our community". No...seriously! I did not make that up! But how fast can I SIGN UP!!! I am besides myself with creative energy right now. I actually have a buzz headache because my mind won't calm down. I will of course keep you informed of what happens, but I did call them back and let them know that I think I would love to do this. I can't say for positive sure as I am not sure how big of a commitment it would be and since I'm opening a little thing called my bakery, I have to make sure that I can do both, and do them both GREAT!

So that is what this year has brought for me. It's almost as if I have carved out a path in the landscape just for little ol' me to shine down the path of! Who knew?! And I can only stop and wonder now how the landscape will shape itself in the coming year!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!
    3 cheers for you!
    Way to go!
    You rock!

    This is a mighty lesson. Thanks for sharing your joy and triumph.

    ReplyDelete