My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Want but Don't Need...Need but Don't Want

I've always believed, well at least since the age of 21, that when you stop wanting something God will provide "it". I mean truly, deep seeded, all the way to my core belief.

This weekend, we watched "Nanny McPhee Returns" and in that you learn that Nanny will stay when you need but don't want her and leave when you want but don't need her. Exactly!

Lately, the past year and a half of trying to figure out what's next for me which turned into me opening a bakery has been coming full circle and it's really making me want to punch someone. And I'm grateful -- not for the punching, for the full circle. I've received two emails this past week. One from "the guy who had to 'noodle'" over my coming on board and the other from the President and Owner of the last company I worked for. Both asking if I'd be interested in doing "something". Grrrr.

I'm flattered, and yes I want to do BOTH things, but did you (they) hear the part about the girl who runs this sassy little bakery? And you know why? Cuz I stopped wanting. All the way, deep seeded, to my core, stopped.

Maybe they thought I was kiddin' about the bakery thing. Huh. I wasn't. I've always been a woman of my word and a woman of action. But then again, that's probably why they contacted me.

She's here when you need but don't want her and leaves when you want but don't need her.....Fun ride. I'd like to get off now. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment