My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Make Time for Quiet

"Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud."

For the past few years, I have truly believed that if you listen, you will "hear" God. While I was in between jobs this past year, I tried so hard to keep my house/world quiet. I wanted to be able to hear whenever he may be trying to say something. At times, you would have thought I was running a home for the deaf because it was so quiet here.

When I saw this quote today, it took me back to that level of peace...and unrest. I still think it's true, but now, I just find the quiet at different moments and places. Now, it usually comes at about 10:30 in the morning when the bakery is peaceful and quiet and I listen. It's not a long time before it changes, but in the quiet, I think it's true -- I think you can hear God. Sometimes he just reminds me not to forget the salt, but other times, I can actually hear him tell the "others" "she's doing well, she's gonna make this work, she's gonna fill this little corner with joy".

But that's usually only on the REALLY quiet days! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment