My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Just the facts, Ma'am...

"Life is short and it's up to you to make it sweet." ~ Sarah Delaney

Ma'an, I gotta use that quote for my bakery! :o)

My sister in law, Julianne, turned 50 this week. My baby sister, Doli, flew home today (and I stinkin' miss her so much already!!). My 25th class reunion is tonight (and guess who runs it?!). And that's just since yesterday! :o)

The bakery has been doing better than I could have ever imagined. In a zillion years I don't think that I could have imagined that people would have been THIS supportive and in love with having a little bakery in their town. This was the start of our third week in business and I have already made 10 specialty cakes for customers! I find that to be simply amazing! Maybe Genesee Depot will rise to be a mini-Cedarburg or Lake Geneva kind of place for folks to gather! I can say this, the restaurants are awfully busy from what I can see. I'm just so happy about it all! I started (today actually) being featured in some of the local restaurants too. Pal's Ice Cream and Grille will be featuring our dill/cottage cheese rolls with their salads and soups and The Cornerstone Restaurant will be featuring our (completely decadent) Dark Chocolate Truffle filled Cupcakes. I'm so excited to see what their customers thought!

My sister was here for a whirlwind visit - came Wednesday and flew out this morning. I cried myself to sleep when I left her. I just stinkin' love and miss her so much (and her family and my Momma). It always feels like it's going to be 5 years before I see her/them again.

My daughters and I have written our first articles for CityGal and now I need to submit them for editorial review, etc. I will be sure to show you all what we have written, but I just loved doing that with them. We wrote about "fashion". That's it. We pick a topic and simplify it so we can't sway each other's thinking and then we write our individual takes on the subject. I loved what I learned about my girls and their age group on this topic.

And my reunion is tonight. 25 years. That kinda weirds me out. And while I never did drugs in school, I have an absolutely terrible memory of high school, yet it still feels like I was just walking down those halls -- and not for my daughter Stefi's open houses or my nephew's games either!

Having one of those "just the facts" kind of posts today. Not too inspired, yet I had some facts to report, or so it seems. Hope everyone is having a fun fall preview weekend! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment