My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, June 21, 2010

What a Whirlwind!

"Anyone's life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air, and a happy contented spirit." ~ Lillie Langtry

Oh my! Where has the last two weeks gone! I have had one of the busiest two week time spans of my life! Parades, birthdays, concerts, family vacations, dinner parties, graduations, helping at school events, cleaning, homework up the ying-yang, and on and on and on! I seriously had to wear my Super Heavy Duty Cape this month!

We spent 5 days up in the Crivitz area as we do every summer. It is such a fun time for all of us. The kids have very few rules and even get to sleep in their very own "adult free" cabin, we stay up late, we drink beer and coffee, we swim, we play, we read, we talk...we reconnect w/ my sister's family and my dad and step-mom. It may just be "up north" but it's a pocket full of memories for our family(s). The girls went "cliff jumping" again this year and they all went "fun-yaking" (a beginner's version of a kayak - you know, with less death and all!) :o) My nephew, Ikey (8), hit a rite of passage and was tall enough to drive his own go-cart this year. Ahhh...that's my favorite. I have pictures of all the years the kids didn't make the cut-off and then the year they did! Smiles from ear to ear! (sorry -- haven't had time to load up pictures, but Caroline has posted some of Annie's videos of cliff jumping on her blog!)

The girls finished school, Annie had an 8th grade graduation ceremony and dance, C got her ears pierced for her 12th birthday, and we Skyped with our Stefi last night and all is happy and well in Mexico as she finishes her last week of school with dances and ceremonies!

I am taking a public speaking class this semester and the work is pouring on! It is the most work I have ever had for a class and at times feels like I won't keep up! Who knew?! But I'm happy (joyful actually) to report that I got an A in my Women's Studies class and we got a perfect score on our final project (that so many of you helped us with on our blog site)! I never had a perfect score on a project and/or paper like that! Blew me away!!

Nothing new with the bakery YET as we go before the town on Monday (28th). I have had so much good response and energy from the governing officials thus far that I am not worried a bit. I am trying to figure out a logo for Sally's Sweet Shoppe and I don't want to do a cupcake (so overdone!!). We are going to have a mid-century, June Cleaver, kitschy feel. Dani suggested lady in a cute apron (as that will be our "thing") and so far I like that idea best. Got any other ideas for me?

I feel like I am a reporter for the Times today. Sorry I am not sharing my heart much with you all today. I feel like I needed to play catch-up and this is one of the last steps to catching up. The whole me will be back soon, I'm sure. But for now, I'm off to read about 94 pages in my text so I can take a quiz that is due today! Hi Ho Hi Ho!

OH! Happy First Day of Summer! It's one of my favorite days of the whole year! Well how can it not be, really? More hours and minutes of SUNSHINE than any other day of the year!! Hello Sunshine! Let's get to work! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment