My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Life as I have come to know it, ends TODAY!

"Enjoy Life...Its Delicious"
Today is the big board meeting day! I say "big" but if you have no idea how small the little town of Genesee Depot is, let me just suffice it by saying - as you are driving through it, if you blink, you shall miss the entire downtown! Which I must say will be one business bigger, I assume, as of about 8:00 tonight. Well, isn't that just exciting.

I understand the Town Planner is just a little excited for my little Sweet Shoppe to open. I think he may even know how many steps it is from his desk to my counter! And I thought my husband was going to be my biggest fan!! Nice to know that there will be others!

What I have noticed about today is that I have no fear. That's just weird to me. How can that even be? And maybe that's not entirely true. I'm fearful of how many hours I will be working or when my first day off will be (this is one girl who likes balance in her life), but that will all work itself out soon I'm sure. But that's it. OK, so that's not true either as I keep thinking of what Dani has been struggling with lately -- finding enough time in the day to run a successful business that also fills her up and finding time to do it ALL. So, maybe I should stop talking about fear now as this paragraph seems to keep growing. Let's do that! Let's move on!

Kelly has taken some pictures of my cookies recently and I just love them, so I thought I would share them with you all. Not sure how, but they almost look more delicious than when I saw them in person! She's good, right?



I've been dreaming of bakery again. There is the weird thing when you are in the food service industry (or maybe it's true for other creative industries too???) where you think about food and how you can make something better, stronger, faster (no really!) or how you can invent something so unique and different. My life used to be like this. Ideas would just hit me at any time of the day. Time to go back to keeping a notebook by my bed again. I can look at a color and think of something creative to bake centered on that -- or a seasonal offering, or a theme, or really anything. That must be what poets and painters and writers and sculptors and dancers do. Before now, I never put myself in the same "category" as those artists, but I have come to appreciate the creativity and ownership in said creations since I have left the industry. In fact, my latest obsession has been how to make my daughters' favorite candy bars into a yummy indulgent treat at the bakery! Ummmm!!

Speaking of indulgent -- I've decided that's my tag line. Sally's Sweet Shoppe - Bakery - Indulgent Treats. I just love that! And I just ordered a neat WallWord (love these things!!) for the bakery that says "Enjoy Life...Its Delicious". I love that too! :o) How could I not get that?! I'm hoping to plan some neat kind of Indulgent Afternoon and/or Evening Getaways both at the bakery and at Three Sisters. Picture it: Women, Chocolate, Wine, Chocolate, Love. I think I may be a little too excited for this part! Well, and one can see why -- after all, I love chocolate and wine and have the best darn friends a girls could ever ask for -- all of them! Just makes sense to put all those things in a room and see the magic rising. Makes me think of when Rhonda Kay asks us to picture a white light circling our bodies when we are ending our Yoga sessions. I see that light!

OK, one last thing for today. Something to whig out a little over. So, you all know back in May when I first introduced my cookies at Three Sisters' big spring event, right? Well, at that event, Dani asked me to meet someone she respects very much and has regularly at the store to offer his services. Dani and I were chatting in the back room over a deck of Tarot cards and her Mochalotta (jeepers those things are good!) and Brett came back to get set up for his appointments that evening. Dani asked Brett to stop and tell her/us what he felt about me (please keep in mind that I have never seen this man before in my life!!) and he said (you should really be sitting) that something big was going to happen to me soon and by October IT will be open...oh, no wait (he said)...by August you will be open, by October you will be running your business as it should be.

Seriously, are you kidding me about this? For those keeping score in the Brett accuracy column (which Dani doesn't do anymore since it's like at about 98% in her book) that "prediction" from this man who has known me for all of 34 seconds would be dead accurate. It is my hope that I am on track with today's meeting to open by August. Someone should catch me now cuz it still whigs me out like the 5 of Hearts did!

OK -- wish me luck! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Girlfriend,
    I would wish you luck, but really and truly you don't need one lick of it. Cause you've got the creativity, the drive, the 5 of hearts, the friends, the sugar, the knowledge, the ingenuity, the white light, the wall sign, the town clerk, the Karma, the husband and a whole host of love to make this idea of yours work. Go ahead, sprinkle it with a little luck and fairy dust if you must. But something tells me you ought to save that for when you find out the Mayor, or Governor, or President are coming to your town and plan to drop by Sally's Sweet Shoppe for a mid-afternoon indulgent treat. You might just need a little luck finding the right pair of shoes, or lipstick or nail polish to match your apron.

    Hoorah for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm so excited for you and it's all going to be so fabulous!! Thanks for posting some of my pictures! They look pretty darn good! :) Keep those cookies coming, though, because I have more ideas for some great shots!

    You're a business owner! How awesome is that?! Now I just need to give myself some time to get this photography business up and running and we're both going to be taking the business world by storm! Glad we can encourage each other through these journeys!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete