My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, June 7, 2010

Boobies and Wierd Energy

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

OK, so no those two things do not go together, but today is a weird energy day...sitting on the edge of negative, and I don't like it (thank God at least the sun is shining!!). About a month ago, John and I visited a few "local" bakeries to get a vibe from them, understand, and learn from them. I introduced myself at the big bakery in Waukesha, stated that I was researching opening a bakery of my own in a different city (I quickly added) and wondering if I could speak to the owner. I was told "no" but that he would call me back. He did. Today (almost a month later).

I again, stated my intention for reaching out to him, complimented him on his success, and hoped to learn from him. He was a bit defensive at first, I complimented him again, and then he went on to tell me that for the first time in 5 years his retail shop is operating out of the red and that if it wasn't for his wedding cake business, he's not sure what would have happened...then he asked if he could put me on hold and after a minute or more of being on hold, I hung up. He didn't call back. Huh. Wonder if he heard the part of my story where I said I was hired by one of my clients to be their Customer SERVICE Director. Probably not. I'm gonna need Dani's "Mean People Suck" poster on my blog!

You know, I don't want to bake like you sir, nor do I want to invest in a $250,000 bakery...I just want to do my thing, my way and I thought that we could learn something from each other in the process of doing so. Must just be me. And, since we're being mean...I want my $5.25 back 'cuz the brownies weren't that good! And I don't need your help, I just saw an opportunity for greatness for both of us -- but I'm happy being great on my own without you, Sir!

A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition. ~William Arthur Ward

Well, anyway...I had my yearly "Boob Squishing" today. Ma'an I hate it! You know how when you blow up a floaty too big it pops the blowy-up-thingee out? Yeah, that's what I think of when it feels like my nipples are going to shoot across the room. I'm sorry, but a breast is not meant to be squished and flattened. On the other hand, I don't EVER miss my mammogram and I emphatically implore others to do the same. So please, if you haven't scheduled your boob squishing for the year, or your annual exam, PLEASE DO!! We are all in this together and I for one do not want you to not be here when I tell you how much I hated my NEXT boob squishing.

You'd think they could at least give you a lollipop when you're finished.

On Saturday, we had dinner at my one of my best friend's (Rhonda) house. She lives in such a charming old house with built-ins, a "secret closet", porches everywhere you look, woodwork that is simply stunning and plaster walls. I just love beautiful old houses. They sure don't make 'em like that any more! It was so nice to be in quiet conversation all night with them and nobody else. I highly recommend some one-on-one time with the people you love if you never get to have them all to yourself. I soaked up all the love I could that night, for I know that the next time we get together, and most all of the other times, I will have to share her/them with others. Thank you Rhonda and Michele for a lovely evening and for being my friend for the last 29 years! What a blessing you are to all of us.

So in closing...why are you still sitting here -- go make your appointments! ;o) Face the fear head on and walk right through it! I'll save a lollipop for you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh good, I'm the first to comment, so this won't look like I'm stealing anyone's ideas.

    Lollipop, schmollipop. What about a cookie? What if you promise every woman who comes in after having her boob squishing and shows you a note from her doctor, or has an obviously pancaked breast she gets a cookie? One of your extra special, Good for you for taking care of yourself cookies.

    I'm guessing each and every woman that handed a cookie and maybe a cookie sticker that says "I got mine" at Cookie Concoctions (plus your address) is going to buy at least one more cookie if not a dozen. And when she walks around town with her sticker, you're going to have more business than you know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete