My favorite quote (or reminder as I like to think of them)...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (Marianne Williamson - A Return to Love)

Monday, December 13, 2010

100

This is my 100th posting. Huh. Seems there should be a cake or something -- maybe I should have baked one! :o)

People I love keep asking me if I am going to quit my blog. I don't know why they ask me that. I'm clear I don't have hours upon hours to write anymore (or even a few minutes some days), but there is time to write sometimes and I, my friends, am no quitter.

My vision, goals and rewards for my blog are different now than they were 100 posts ago, but it is no less important to me. Then I "did it" to be open to new possibilities, for people who didn't know me but may be a link to a potentially great job opportunity could get to know more about me, to expose myself to new ways of connecting, but mostly to find an avenue that built a bridge out into the world from the little island I was closing myself onto.

Sure, I don't use it to find a new job any longer, but I love the friends I have made by blogging (Dani, Mary, Carolyn, Teri...). I love that people I love have a way to learn more about me and my real self (as I'm not a very good verbal communicator at all!!) (Lisa, my step mom). I love how "safe" this form of communicating is for me -- feels like it's ok to write about what's in my heart because I will actually get it out without crying in a distracting way (like when I write about my girls, people I love, etc.). But mostly, I love that I am using my heart to tell people (that I love) stuff that is true for me in a way that I KNOW that I would not tell otherwise (right honey?). :o)

So today, I am grateful for my 100th blog post. I'm grateful for all that it has brought to my life in the past year and I am grateful for the growth I have experienced in doing it. I am grateful that you read it as in each posting I am thinking of those that I know read my words and I feel a connection to you as I pour out the words from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment